Monday, February 8, 2010

AIT - Ft. Gordon, GA

I finally convinced myself to start writing about my times here at Fort Gordon. I guess it was after the Badger Memories blog started I realized it would be good for me to write down the things that happen to me here so I can look back on it and realize how much I have to be grateful for.
I just got to move into a 4-man room with two of my great battle buddies: Matt Roper and Oakley Jones. Everyone considers them to be the old guys of the group cause they're in their mid to late 30's. I figure with my history as the "old man" at Badger I fit in just right. We all have heaps of fun together and we all trust each other so its easy to talk about the stupid things that happen on a day-to-day basis here. I'd have to say that one of the things that sustain me the most here is having someone to I can trust to simply talk to.
I'm really glad we only have three more weeks of training. Four day of DS maintenance followed immediately by a 4-day weekend. Then four days of Antenna training and then another 4-5 days out in the field for our Capstone. I'm hoping I'll be able to get out of here around the 3rd of March and get back to home again.
The thing I look forward to the most is getting back to Rexburg so I can see my friends again. Its been far too long away from them. I've seen my family right after graduation and during Christmas so I cope well enough in that regards. But I sure do miss having friends around like the ones I've made at school.
Well, I'm gonna take a quick nap since the old timers in my room are, then we can all head off to chow before going to classes.

2 comments:

  1. Jason! So, its been a long time since we've talked!! I hope everything for you is going good. Granted your in the army now! How does that feel? I have a friend here who went to basic and aso AIT or the next thing after and he said he has never felt so much like crap ever before in his life! Anywas, my prayers are with you! I know you're almost home but if I sent you something whats your address? Also, would they accept sand in an envelop or would they think it was some drug? Have a good day! -Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel pretty bad--I honestly didn't even know you were out training!

    Sorry, Jason.

    P.S. I hope training has gone well. I got a message on my phone that said you had a pie with my name on it...I just have one question: was it marionberry, or an odd, lemony pie?

    P.P.S--I know it's been far too long. If you haven't already eaten the pie, I'm sure McKenzie got to it. :)

    ReplyDelete